Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Party Invitations

I promised that March is full of lots of fun stuff in preparation for Ernest's 2nd Birthday! I'm so excited to share all of our projects leading up to his big day.

Reynaldo decided that Ern needed to have a BOOK PARTY so why not something book inspired, to invite the guests.


My Materials:
1}  Book Pages
FromThe Paper Studio   
2}  Cream Cardstock
From Stampabilities
3} acid-free pigment ink pad in black & gold
4}  Invitation Info Stamp
5}  double sided tape (I'm sorry I threw away the original box but I believe it is Scotch foam double sided tape)
6}  The Paper Studio Dual Tip Glue Pen
From Zig
7} Photo Signature Black Pen 
8} Scissors


I used Excel to create this Library Card.  I printed onto my cardstock and used the paper cutter at work to cut each out...Shhh don't tell anybody, it took me a good 3 days to get them all cut out.  You know how it goes when you have to be discrete about something. 


Next Reynaldo and Caridad helped me to ink the edges of the library cards to add a little decoration to the plain cardstock.  Mommy stamped the invitation information onto the inked cards.


Remember the quick and simple table centerpiece I posted about earlier in the week...Well I cut out blank pages from our ~trusty book~ to use as the "envelope" for the invite.  You will notice that some of the pages have words on one side.  I made sure that one side of the page was completely blank and faced the blank side out, to write guest's addresses.  Once again my trusty helpers inked one side of the "envelope". 


I folded the envelope in 3, with the inked side on the inside, and taped the library card to the middle section.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I tried to get a good photo to show you, but the tape made the library card pop up, off the "envelope"
I used these triangle scraps to seal the envelope shut.  We just inked them to add some contrast to the plain book page. 

There you have it ready for delivery.


This was a lot of fun to make.  I will definitely be making our party invitations from now on. 


Thank you for stopping by!
Mommy Sauri~

I'm linking this post to}

3 comments:

  1. What an original idea! I have never seen invitations, or a theme, like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea for a book party! They look like they were fun to make:) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a book party! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete