Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Menu

I'm trying to make a tradition of making and eating black eyed peas New Years Eve or New Years Day.  I have used ~The Country Tart's Recipe~ 2 years in a row. 

I made them New Year's Day this year.  Instead of the smoked paprika I used 2 extra chipotle peppers and I had to omit the turmeric because we ran out. 

I have to admit that I've never eaten black eyed peas other than the ones I've made using The Country Tart's Recipe.  I love spicy food.  The hotter the better for Mommy Sauri, so I do not remove the seeds in the peppers.  These peas are really yummy and quite spicy.  I kind of regret not taking pictures but ~Her~ photo looks even more yummy than something I would have taken.

For New Year's Eve we went to a friends house for a traditional Cuban Year End Celebration.  This year the pig was roasted using a Chinese Box.  It was quite interesting because the pig sat in the bottom of the box while the charcoal stayed hot above, at the top of the box.  Yummy Yummy.  

My contribution to the celebration were champagne, including sparkling cider for Mommy and the Babies, and this lovely idea from ~The Girl Who Ate Everything~. 



I have to admit that I hesitated to post my photographs of our process because ~Her's~ are so much more appealing but then I remembered.  This blog is mine and I'm here to show the world how we do things Sauri Style.  So feast your eyes.

 

So do you have any New Years Traditions, food or otherwise?  Do you make ~Resolutions~?  Do you have great big celebrations like my crazy Cubi is used to?  Tell me about them in the comments.   

Mommy Sauri~

1 comment: