Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Saturday, December 24, 2011

{Hand-me-downs} Christmas Style

Merry Christmas Eve!

While my Cubi was out of town, I had to take a couple of days off of work just so that I could get Reynaldo and Caridad to school and back. 

There were about 4 days, of the 18 he was gone, that I had no help. 

Aunti Vi was out of town.  Grandma Donna and Grandpa Charlie were enjoying the beach with Uncle Carlos and Aunt Sarah.

Needless to say, I had no other choice but to take the days off.  Thank goodness for paid time off...

Anyway, I spent a couple of days with my Grandma Mela making pastalitos and fudge and tamales and and and.  She's wanted to lighten her Christmas load of decorations and I was the lucky recipient.  Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree is no longer so


The small satin covered red, green and white balls...I already had the larger red ones.  I just love how they reflect the warm glow of the lights on the tree.  I was so glad to receive others.  The little gloves, some iron pots and pans, felt horse heads, clear plastic balls that encase beautiful illustrations of children, a new train and the porcelain circles with Santa against a blue backdrop, all came from Grandma Mela.  It's hard to imagine how our tree looked before our new ornaments were put up. 


This cute Snow Man Mickey now sits on the couch with a plush Santa Clause that was also a hand-me-down from one of my co-workers. 

These little beauties below serve as inspiration for craft projects for next Christmas.

I've not found an appropriate spot for them yet.  
For now they sit on the door hinges on the front door and garage door. 

And this last hand-me-down is my absolute favorite.  Not only because I think it works perfect on the entertainment center, opposite our trusty ~snow man~, but more so because I remember this being out for Christmas at Grandma's house when I was a little girl.   



To others all these may be considered garbage or junk.  To me, these are treasures I will cherish for the rest of my life.  I'm so glad Grandma thought of me to hand-down-to.

You can bet your booty that The Sauris are going to be visiting every corner of our beautiful city.

Please be safe in your travels these next couple of days.

Mommy Sauri~

No comments:

Post a Comment