Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween

I know, I know, Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away but I've been meaning to get this blog going for a couple of months now.  Please, don't deprive me of my excitement to get this up and going.

By the way, are you a member or do you follow me yet?  It will warm my heart if you join my blog.  It will give me the encouragement I need to keep going with this.  So please, post a comment or become a member.  Let me know you've stopped by.  PLEASE!


Halloween was a lot of fun this year.  Baby brother is just big enough to enjoy trick or treating. 

Well then again, he isn't big enough to tell us that he enjoyed it but mommy is going to assume he did!

Sis was a beautiful angel.

We had our hero spider man,

and our baby pumpkin

Cari entered the pumpkin carving contest.  The school sent home a flyer with the rules and it clearly said that 1st and 2nd graders would enter a carving contest.  It was her first time ever doing it, and mommy made her do it all by herself.  I thought it turned out great!


She really wanted to add heart shaped cheeks but maybe next year we can think about adding that to a bigger pumpkin. 

We dropped her carved pumpkin at the gym on Friday morning before school and I was so surprised by all the other entries we saw.  Did these kids really do all of this by themselves??  Also, most were not carved at all but rather decorated or embellished with things that I'm sure my Cari would have enjoyed a lot more than cutting through a one inch thick pumpkin with a little 1 1/2 inch long serrated knife that mommy made her do...by herself...

Well now we know better for next year. 


The Harvest Festival at school was so much fun. I can remember being a kid and really looking forward to the "Halloween Carnival" as we used to called it.   Why do they have to be so politically correct??  Everyone that goes to those things knows we are celebrating Halloween for goodness sake. 

Anyway, playing games, getting candy and eating at the concession stand are all very vivid memories I have of the school Halloween Carnival.

The baby Sauris definitely got their share of all the above.  They threw darts at balloons, golfed, played plinko and went fishing.







And if all that candy wasn't enough we also won bottles of soda too.

Trick-or-treating was a blast too.  Ernest was more interested in  packing everyone's candy into his bucket.  He wanted to make sure his was full.


And don't worry, all our candy was sent to family in Havana, Cuba.  It's on its way as we speak!  And that soda, it's in the fridge waiting until we have the next gathering at Casa de Sauri.  Because I'm not naive enough to know that even though I don't usually drink the stuff, I know others do enjoy it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment