Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Calendar



One of my fondest memories as a child is the Advent Calendars that Mom used to get for us kids every year.  It was so fun opening a new "door" every day to see what was waiting behind. 

Last year one of the families from Caridad's class gave each child an Advent Calendar.  Each day revealed a gift wrapped square of Chocolate.  The Chocolate tasted great too!  I couldn't leave out baby Rey so I combed the stores looking for something similar for him.  I'm not sure why I didn't just ask Mrs. Gopal where she bought the  calendars that they gave the Kindergartners, but I was only able to find a "cheaper" version of the chocolate-behind-the-door calendar.

No worries though because Sis shared her yummy chocolate with Little Brother every now and then...

One of my favorite bloggers posted a tutorial here for her Advent Calendar last year.  I vowed ever since that I was going to do this for my kids in 2011.

Here is how the Sauris do Advent Calendar...Gather fun, Christmas inspired paper

 

Make envelopes..........all different sizes

Make coordinating pieces of paper to write the day's message on

Stuff your envelopes.....

Decorate some clothes-pins for hanging...

And there you have it.  See the blank spot at the end, don't tell the babies but that is reserved for the big finale for Christmas Eve

I hope the Babies Sauri enjoy it!

Linked here:







 

1 comment: