Thank you for stopping by!

We have everything here

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Wreath - Sauri Style



I've always wanted to hang a wreath on my front door.  My Aunt has always done it and I found out my cousin is doing it too.  With the baby Sauris getting older I figured it was time to turn my want of wreaths into action.  I really like her wreath and she has great ideas too. 

BUT..........Here's how the Sauris do it. 

I picked up tree "garbage" from underneath this big guy.
 
See, little twigs and leaves and what we like to call itch bombs.

This tree has to be a guy because he drops those itch bomb balls all over the place!

I also got down to the ground under this beauty,


and picked up those fallen needles and pine cones.



I took everything home and set to work hot gluing everything together.  I should have taken pictures of the process but I was in my element.  I didn't think about it at the time.  I thought Cari would be a little more excited to be helping mommy put the thing together.  It only took about 5 minutes and a couple of hot glue dabs between branches for her to get bored with the idea.  She'd much rather be outside playing in the yard with Papi and her brothers.  Who could blame her?  There aren't very many more nice weekends left for her to look forward to doing that.   

I was super happy with the final product.  My favorite element is the rays of sunshine I fashioned around one of those itch bomb balls with dried pine needles.  See it there in the bottom right hand corner.  Cari's favorite part is the "lit candle" right smack dab in the middle of everything.  Isn't it funny how children's imaginations can make a stick with a leaf at the top seem just like a lit candle. 


I wish I would have taken some close up pictures of the details. Oh well, we have Christmas coming up so there will be more wreath making to come at La Casa de Sauri!  


No comments:

Post a Comment